Hello! I’m a children’s writer. Currently I’m deep in a magical version of outer space, fending off cosmic pirates and the occasional squishing spell gone astray, while revising my middle grade book The Space Fairy Kids and the Heart Jewel. I’m also noodling on possibilities for my next project.
I live in Seattle, where I’m a mom of two and an active member of SCBWI. I participate in a critique group, and I’m also completing a children’s writing program with University of Washington instructor Jolie Stekly this year. When not writing or reading or playing with my kids, I can often be found guzzling decaf coffee, conversing with trees, or playing my ukulele with friends.
Some books that I’ve been in love with in the last few years include
- The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill
- The Very Nearly Honorable League of Pirates series by Caroline Carlson
- Baker’s Magic by Diane Zahler
- Flora & Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo
- Pi in the Sky by Wendy Mass
- And, of course, oh so many others because there are always more books to adore.
If you want to keep up with news about my children’s writing projects and playful productivity coaching, please join my e-letter. If you’re an agent or editor who wishes to connect, you can reach me here.
Thanks for stopping by, and have a beautiful day!
All the best,